Are you looking for a great new career? Look no further!
George Nice & Sons, Inc. (GNS) is a full service construction company that continually strives for excellence, providing challenging, but rewarding career opportunities for qualified individuals. We offer a partial ownership structure to all employees through the benefit of the Employee Stock Ownership and Savings Plan (ESOP). As partial owners of GNS, employees are encouraged to work as a team towards our common goal of complete satisfaction of our customers on ever job.
GNS offers a highly competitive benefits package, which further demonstrates our commitment to excellence. Benefits include:
- Medical coverage
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Prescription coverage
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Basic & voluntary life insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Holidays, vacation, & sick time
- 401(k) and ESOP
- Employee referral program
We are currently looking for laborers and heavy equipment operators.
Performs tasks involving physical labor at highway and heavy construction projects. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials. May assist other craft workers.
• Clean and prepare construction sites by removing debris and possible hazards
• Load or unload building materials to be used in construction
• Grade checking, utility installation (to include water, sewer, and storm drainage), landscape groundwork, site demolition, installation of erosion control measures, etc.
• Help craft workers with their duties
• Follow instructions from supervisors or more experienced workers
• 18 years of age
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience preferred
• GED or high school diploma preferred
Equipment operators have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressive heavy/site/utility construction experience. Must be able to operate different types of heavy equipment — dozer, grader, excavator, rubber-tired loader — related to building, highway, and heavy construction projects proficiently and safely. Ability to read and interpret grade information a plus. Candidates must be able to lift and carry upward to 75 pounds.
A pre-employment drug screen and background check is required as a condition to any kind of employment.
Join us today! Click here to apply.