2015 was a great year at George Nice and Sons. With an average of approximately 60 employees, those at GNS worked a total of 108,825.20 hours, which allowed for the completion of quite a few projects. Together, we accomplished so much.
We completed four phases at White Hall, including Section 5 by Williamsburg Christian Academy, the Clubhouse area, the East Off-Site Sewer, and Section 3.
Virginia Capital Trail, Park Phase was completed.
We completed three other subdivisions – The Preserve at Fisher’s Creek, Marywood, and Turtle Creek – along with The Village Walk at Settler’s Market in Williamsburg, a fairly popular new shopping destination.
In addition to the hard work, we did a little playing, too.
We celebrated Breast Cancer Awareness Month with a pink pancake breakfast, and sent over $500 in donations to the Hospice House in Williamsburg.
We celebrated the grand opening of the Virginia Capital Trail, along with Timmons Group and other contributing businesses.
We celebrated the retirement of and said goodbye to one of our employees, Dallas Smith. He’d been with us 10 years in 2015.
Three more employees also celebrated anniversaries. Steve Johnson (left) celebrated 20, Lee Cunningham (top right) and Mickey Geltmacher (bottom right) celebrated 10.
We welcomed Denise Tyler to the Human Resources department.
Kate and I had a very DIY Christmas at the office.
HD Supply drove up the street and supplied us with lunch one day.
And we threw a pretty successful Christmas party for our employees. Two Drummers catered and everything was delicious.
Overall, it was a pretty good year. And we look forward to what’s to come in 2016!
We’ll be hard at work on the following:
- BURWELLS BLUFF – A 31 lot new-build single-family development nestled between the Plantation Course and River Course in Kingsmill. The scope of work includes site development, utility installation, site concrete and asphalt paving. Scheduled to be completed by December 2016.
- LIGHTFOOT MARKETPLACE – (Building 5) An outpatient medical office building for the Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters. The scope of work includes site development, utility installation, site concrete and asphalt paving. Completion schedule for June 2016.
- WHITTAKERS MILL – A 77-acre, multi-phase new residential subdivision consisting of both single-family homes and townhomes. The scope of work includes site development, utility installation, pump station construction, site concrete and asphalt paving. Due to be completed by December 2016.
- HUNTINGTON POINTE PUMP STATION – Selective demolition and renovation of an existing pump station that was never put into service. The scope of work includes utility upgrades, pump equpiment upgrades, building renovation, site concrete and asphalt paving. Due for completion by June 2016.
- WHITE HALL, SECTION 4 – This is the final section of the White Hall Subdivision and is composed of 48 single family homes and 47 townhouses. Project is to be completed by December 2016.
- YORKTOWN FISC – This project at Fleet and Industrial Supply Center (FISC) includes the removal of six 1,170,000 gallon underground storage tanks and associated piping. Scope of work also includes re-grade, topsoil, and site stabilization of area. In addition, there will be some road construction and relocation of fire water mains. Due for completion by September 2016.
Stay tuned for photos of our progress!